• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internal Phone Storage w/2.1

cmotion

Jan 24, 2010
I was wondering what people have for Available space in Internal Phone Storage. I believe that has to do mainly with how many apps you have installed, although sometimes (since updating the other day) the number seems to change when I don't delete or download a new app. Maybe I'm going crazy. Anyway, my available space is 53.61MB :)

I agree, its like there is no "overwrite" with updates for apps. The movie app is like around 1mb when i first got it, but it ended up being close to 8mb after all the updates. I had to uninstall it and then reinstall it, now its back to around 1mb. Many apps are like that wich I think is weird, they should overwrite to save the tiny internal space that we do have on this phone. Or at least push it all to sd.

Ps. whats up with that 5+mb undate for Google Maps app???

Upvote 0
That what I thought. I should have rooted instead of going with the OTA 2.1. Hopefully the dev will finish their root for 2.1

Also what is froyo? laugh if you must but i do not no what that is.lol

Froyo is the next OS version. Up until now it has been all pastries, I think... now they are switching to dairy? Anyways, they're alphabetical. I know Cupcake, then Eclair, then Froyo... maybe beta was before Cupcake. Someone more knowledgable than I will have to give you the whole story.

Upvote 0
Dang, guess I have a bunch of apps! Anybody with less than 60MB? Just did a Factory Reset and will only download apps I actually use so we'll see what that does for me. I think part of my problem was how when you update it basically just adds on to the existing application, instead of over-writing it. Does anyone delete their old app and reinstall it as opposed to running the updates? Seems like after a while that would eat up a lot of necessary memory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones