Internal sd card corrupted?

Last Updated:

1. maurinet

maurinet Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So a while back I was transferring some files between my computer (Win7) and my phone and the phone froze; against everything I know about usb storage devices I disconnected the phone from the computer (don't ask why, I know I f'd up), restarted the phone and all worked ok... except, since then, every time I connect the phone to the computer I get this message about the internal sd card:

[​IMG]

The problem with choosing the "scan & fix" option is that to do the scan and the fix, windows has to unmount the card, and then it can't scan or fix it, then I mount it again, get the same message and I'm stuck in an endless loop :'(

I dealt with a similar problem on a friend's phone, but the error was with his external sd, if I tried to scan & fix it, it would unmount it so I took the external sd card out, put it in a card reader, connected it to the computer and then did the scan & fix. Put it back on the phone and since then the message doesn't pop up when he connects his phone to the pc. Solved [that one]!

Anybody has any ideas on how to solve this problem with the internal sd card?
    I have to say though, other than the annoying message that I get every time I connect my phone to the computer, the phone works perfectly, I haven't had any problems storing things in the internal sd card or running apps from it.

Thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. dsyzug

dsyzug Well-Known Member

If you are using galaxo or gaosp then try to fix using drakaz's recovery.

3. maurinet

Running Galaxo 1.6.3.4 Rv6.1
    Mounted sd cards from the Recovery and then applied the scan&fix, that seemed to do the trick. Thanks dsyzug.

Man, I love this forum!!!

4. dsyzug

dsyzug Well-Known Member

Welcome bro :)

5. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Drakaz Recovery FTW!!! :D

Now I'm wondering if there is some stuff which Drakaz Recovery can't fix. :p

6. maurinet

My friend just came back with his phone and the popup showing again on the external sd card. I tried to follow the steps discussed before, but the scan&fix couldn't fix it, basically the card was badly corrupted.
    The only way to fix it was with another method discussed here: taking out the external sd card, connecting it with a card reader to the computer and then perform the scan&fix (I had to backup the data of the card, format it and then restore the data to the card)

Just thought I would let you know about this little trick that can save someone in a dire situation.

7. sgx100

sgx100 Well-Known Member

Maurinet I get that message every time
    My two cents - Leave it - Dont click it
    Open the card from My Computer. I think it should work fine.

BTW - You have an excellent guide.

8. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Regarding Windows message. I also get it when I get stuck on transferring files on SD card (Windows 7), then I pull out USB cable (yep un-mounting SD card gets me nowhere :( ) and returning the USB cable back in displays this message. I do the checking (works would you believe it) and doesn't reappear, of course if I don't reproduce the same steps which lead to it. :p

File transferring works better in Ubuntu for me then in Windows. :rolleyes:

9. maurinet

I don't have such a big problem with the popup message showing up, but that's because I know what to do with it, but my fellow noob users of this phone click on "scan&fix" and it unmounts the sd card, then when they mount it again the msg appears again, and so on... It can be very confusing/frustrating for users who aren't experienced or computer literate.

Thanx! Now upgrading my guide for 1.6.3.4 ;)