Internal SD card not mounted after USB disconnectSupport

Last Updated:

1. ShutterBC

ShutterBC New Member This Topic's Starter

UPDATE: resolved. Was due to a setting in DoubleTwist, which I downloaded recently. See following link:
    http://answers.oreilly.com/topic/1617-how-to-disable-android-usb-auto-mount/

-------------

Hello, I'm quite new to Android and the Captivate (but not new to operating systems). I ran into an issue that I can't yet figure out, but I wonder if other people have also encountered.

With some USB chargers (notably Blackberry chargers), I've noticed that the USB data connection prompt comes up. Regardless of the setting I choose (including canceling the dialog), the internal SD card is unmounted. If I disconnect the USB cable, the internal SD card is STILL unmounted and I don't get an option in the UI to mount it again. I end up having to reboot the phone.

Attached is a screen shot of the SD card status screen when this issue occurs.

So, what would be a good way to troubleshoot this? Get dmesg output, perhaps?

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. ShutterBC

ShutterBC New Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I think I figured a little more out. I set the device to prompt me to choose which USB connection mode to use. My suspicion is that I hit a condition where the device doesn't know which mode I selected (or if I use the back button so I never make a selection). The result is that it unmounts the SD storage for computer use but doesn't allow me to disconnect it and re-mount the storage.

Has anyone else run into this? Bueller?