• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help internal SD-Card read-only

DeKalle

Lurker
Dec 27, 2010
Hello,

so I have a rather big problem here. My internal SD-card on my I9000 does not accept any changes(delete/write/move).

The funny thing is that I can actually copy files to my sd and delete files. I can even format it(from recovery mode, windows, menu) whatever I do seems to work till I reboot. After every reboot my system is back to the state before I changed anything.

I tried everyway I could think of. Changing permissins via adb shell, installing file system fixes via adb push(to my surprise it did allow me to copy files directly into /system as long as I did it while in recovery mode).

I even tried several different firmwares. No matter what I do it's the same, no changes are permanent. As soon as I reboot every change is gone.

This feels like working with oracle and forgetting to commit.

Is there a way to format the sd card via adb shell? Preferably a low level format(since the quick format doesn't seem to do anything). Or some sort of forced flush for the sd card? Some way to just clear my internal sd should do the trick.

Every solution I found on the internet didn't work.
What does work is the download mode, the recovery mode and adb.

I sure hope someone has an idea. It's rather unpleasent being unable to change anything on the internal sd.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones