Internal sensors, Orientation, Finally pissed off.Support

Last Updated:

1. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I've been putting up with it for long enough, and now it's finally got me pissed.

My droid's sensors (forget what the sensors are called...) are messed up. I can have my phone sitting perfectly level on a flat table and it'll keep flipping between Portrait and Landscape.

Now let me set this up to give a nice clear picture. In order to get my phone to go from Landscape to Portrait, I have to hold the device flat, then tilt it up to almost completely Vertical (70ish degree angle). To move from Portrait to Landscape, the tiniest movement from horizontal (seriously only a few degrees) will flip it to Landscape.

This gets to be a problem, because haptic feedback and vibrate causes the acceleration sensors to go NUTS! I have an app called Bubble, a spirit level app. Clearly the "calibrate" function only sets how that app interprets the data from the sensors. But, when I say.. lightly touch the menu key the haptic feedback makes the bubble go all over the screen as though it were being tilted every which way.

The most infuriating instance of this problem... when when my freaking alarm goes off. My phone is sitting in front of me on a level desk. It was in Portrait view. The alarm goes off causing the phone to vibrate. I tap where the dismiss button is only for the button to move when the screen jumps into Landscape. I go to hit that button. It changes again. It's freaking whack-a-mole to turn off my damn alarm!

Either the alarm will automatically snooze itself because a "button didn't get freaking pressed", or when it flips right as I was trying to hit the snooze button the dismiss button gets pressed instead screwing up the snooze.

So... is there anything I can do to fix this? I've been putting up with it for a long time but lately I just can't take it anymore. Worth mentioning I am not willing to lock my screen via settings or a widget since I flip the screen regularly for different apps. I've noticed some apps seem to be more sensitive to orientation to others. I have seen no settings anywhere to adjust sensitivity of the sensors or anything. The thing that's kinda perplexing is that it's more sensitive on one axis than on the other.

Advertisement
  2. JezterVA

JezterVA Well-Known Member

By no means should you consider me a knowledgeable expert onthe subject, but.....

Have these problems only occurred snce you installed the Bubble level app? It makes some sort of odd sense to me that this may be causing your problem just for the way that the level program should interact with the aforementioned sensors. If it were me, I would try removing the app and restarting my phone to see if I could eliminate the issue.

I hope you can figure out a solution to you problem.

Cheers!!

3. JezterVA

I also found this while reading the through the Bubble app page....

Anonymous said...
    I see the process bz.ktk.bubble is running even when I'm not running the bubble app. (Via the command "top") and that it's the 4th highest consumer of CPU cycles. Why is it running and what is it doing?

I think I'd uninstall it if it were me. Seems like a serious suspect to the problems you're having.

4. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

I've never seen Bubble running in the background.

5. JezterVA

I don't use it personally, but that is a direct copy/paste quote from the site. KTK.BZ: Bubble - Android Mobile Applications

Still seems like a logical culprit to me, what with the interaction between the program and the internal sensors. It's worth a try to remove it and if it doesn't cure his problems, then a reinstall should be easy fairly easy.

6. snapcase

Bubble doesn't run in the background, and the problem existed before downloading that app. (have had it a long time)

Also, if it were causing the problem, calibrating the app to think the phone is tilted the wrong way to trigger a flip would solve the problem. But since it only effects that particular app it seems as though it simply interprets the info from that sensor.

7. snapcase

Bubble doesn't run in the background, and the problem existed before downloading that app. (have had it a long time)

Also, if it were causing the problem, calibrating the app to think the phone is tilted the wrong way to trigger a flip would solve the problem. But since it only effects that particular app it seems as though it simply interprets the info from that sensor.

8. JezterVA

That sucks. Sorry I couldn't help. Good Luck.