Internal Space after 2.2 Update

Last Updated:

1. Dukester619

Dukester619 Member This Topic's Starter

I updated tonight with the OTA update and after installing I now have 244MB available. Before the update I was down to <80MB so I was surprised to see an increase of 160MB+ after all the talk about Froyo using a lot of internal space. I was deleting apps all weekend in anticipation of this update thinking it was going to take up all the internal space I had left. What a pleasant suprise to have gained all that internal space.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Advertisement
  2. hawt

hawt Well-Known Member

You got the OTA?

I keep checking but I'm getting nothing. Did you check or did it push to you?

Hope this does the same for me because I'm running low on space too. Hopefuly Froyo and install to SD will help.

Edit: I checked over wifi instead of 3G and the update showed up! I'll let you know after I install

3. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I got about 10MB more than I had with 2.1, and was shocked because I thought someone here said it took up a lot of memory.:confused:

4. Dukester619

I went to the system update screen and selected HTC software update. That took me to the update screen. Everything went smoothly but it did take about 10-15 minutes to finish.

Anyone else get the new internal space available?

5. Gunitsolja

Gunitsolja New Member

update your prl then profile and go to htc updates it popped rite up for me. good luck and im downloading as we speak i hoope my memory goes up to cuz i been deletin all weekend too lol. now i just need a larger sd card :D

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Everyone - welcome to froyo. :)

damewolf13 likes this.
  7. Dukester619

That's what I have been reading since the update was leaked so I was very surprised to see the gain. It did seem that when I was removing apps I was not seeing the gain in internal storage that I expected so maybe there was something lingering from my uninstalled apps that got cleared when I updated.

Any other thoughts on this?

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I've been carefully monitoring my system logs since purchase on 6/6 and through each update.

Froyo is just way, way better at memory management in my opinion.

It seems to aggressively clean out apps as they're no longer used and is certainly posting all sorts of log reports now that it's cleaning up unused objects and freeing memory like clockwork all over the place.

I am absolutely and completely done with task cleaners and killers, forever.

sikclown likes this.
  9. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

I got more also somewhere in the 10-15MB range.

10. brumac

brumac Member

Did not check internal memory before updating. However, after updating I now receive a "System out of Memory" message with Exchange Sync - Contacts. All was well before update. Mail and Calendar sync just fine. Tried moving what apps I could to SD with no affect.

11. hawt

hawt Well-Known Member

I got about 25mb. Now I just need StartupAuditor to be updated so I can stop all the crap from running in the background. Or maybe I'll finally root.

12. ExPalm

ExPalm Well-Known Member

Never looked before, but I now have 256 MB. I did move as many apps as I could to SD before I looked just now.

13. beano52

beano52 Well-Known Member

I went from 238 to 260.

p.s. I love the new text interface & the voicemail indicator. Wonder what other susprises I'm in for!!

14. Dukester619

I have been thinking about where my new internal space came from and I am wondering if maybe 2.2 moved all my apps that were able to be moved to the SD were automatically moved there. I went through all my installed apps and every one has the "Move to SD card" option disabled.

I wanted to do this with any apps that supported it but it seems to already have been done, unless nothing I had installed had this feature which I think would be highly improbable.

15. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I believe that nothing you had could be moved to the SD card.
    The reason I believe this is because the apps that I moved to the SD card now have the option to be moved back to internal storage, so if you have no choice as to where to put them, I think they are probably not moveable.