Internal space problem...Support

Last Updated:

1. matt504hrs

matt504hrs Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok my desire keeps telling me I am running out of space however as of yesterday it has been doing it more frequently. Before I went to sleep I removed an app which was 7mb this gave me 20mb of space.. I wake up and it says I'm running out of space again and that I have 14mb left.. Over night I received 3 emails (all of which were of no interest and were deleted right away) and 1 text.. So where did that 6mb go?

Advertisement
  2. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Hmmm sounds a bit odd. I have between 20-30mb of space most of the time and it normally stays around that mark.

I have found that application cache can take some of this and I make a habit of clearing this now and again. Go into settings> applications> manage applications and click in each app. There is an option to delete the cache in each one if some has been used. You will get used to what apps use this and it does make it quicker but go through them all and delete it.

Might be a memory leak in an application. Not too sure about this but will have a look around and post back. If anyone else knows about this then I am sure they will help first :D

3. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

also, try turning the phone off and on again after uninstalling apps as this helps the phone register the new space. 15mb left is the point where it will state that you are low on space.

4. Jhaeh

Jhaeh Well-Known Member

I had the same thing this morning. No emails or anything through the night but a low space warning this morning. A restart sorted it.

5. matt504hrs

matt504hrs Active Member This Topic's Starter

Still have this issue, I went through clearing all the cache.. internet had 7mb.. I've since restarted my phone and I am still getting low space warning 14mb left! My first thought was it could have been the london tube map app cus it started around the time I installed an update but I installed the app and the problem remained :/