Internal storage full - how to move things to SD?Support

Last Updated:

1. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus New Member

Hello, I have had my Razr M for about two months now. I just got the message last night that my internal storage was full and now I cannot download any apps and cannot check emails on this phone. Today, I put in an SD card.

I found how to change the settings on the camera to store future pictures on the SD. It appears that the pictures taken and stored on the internal memory are what is hogging up the vast majority of internal storage.

How do I move the pictures from the internal storage onto the SD card?

This is vexing me, because I went in and deleted every email that was on the phone, thinking that it would clean up some space, but I am still getting the error that the memory is too full and the email refresh function is disabled.

Help, Please!

2. ShanDroyd

ShanDroyd Well-Known Member

if you are rooted, download GL2SD (Gameloft to SD) app free from the Playstore.

You can use this for more apps other than Gameloft games. Be sure to play with the setting to increase the different file types that can be moved.

I use it with my 64gb Sdcard, it helps for games like Batman that require nearly 3gb of storage.
  3. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member

One way is to connect your phone to your computer, it will show up on "My Computer" (windows) as the phone's name, and once you click in there, it should show the internal and external SD cards. From there, move the pictures from internal to external.
    argedion likes this.
  4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog Moderator

you can do it manually on the phone with any decent file manager. However you may find doing so on the computer a lot easier. Good Luck
  5. arej00dazed

arej00dazed Active Member

yeah WTH is with this phone? I could swear my camera settings are to put photos on the SD card and NOT internal storage, but it keeps putting the photos in the phone storage.

Like a person above said, it can be done thru a file manager (even the built in file manager)