• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internal storage getting ridiculous on Motorola Triumph.

Well, I found it a little faster than I'd expected, but unless I'm REALLY confused (which is possible), flashing stuff means zapping my apps and such and having to rebuild my phone. Eeek.

nope. that's only when flashing between different roms ;). You should be able to just flash the .zip for it without having to do anything else :).

Reactions: Seanette
Upvote 0
Depending on how much you use your phone a day; the log file alog_events will eat about 3-5 MB of your internal storage a DAY! Most of of the other log files top out at 8MB, grow slower, but sequential numbers are added to them so they too will steal internal storage space over time (it just happens at a slower rate).

The alog_events file is located in the /data of the root directory, making it inaccessible for phones with stock ROM's in a non-rooted state.

I rooted my phone to delete the log files, but deleting them seemed to cause some other issues (mainly when I powered off the phone it would restart); I flashed to a custom ROM and haven't looked back; It would take less than 5 minutes to return to a stock ROM/non-rooted state if I chose to (it was the first thing I did after flashing a custom ROM was prove to myself I could go back to a stock state).

IMHO the MT is a fairly good piece of hardware, the stock OS much have been pushed out without proper testing (i.e., shutting off the log file generation) and VM has failed to correct the issue with an update to the OS.

Upvote 0
same issue. Rooted and deleted the alog files. Worked perfectly. Then noticed internal memory going down again. Went back in and deleted more alog files. Must have deleted one file too many because now my apps won't connect to the network. I can still connect most of them through WiFi, but not through Virgin. Think I may have to go to another ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones