• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root internal storage woes (help a newcomer out please)

xyourxhighnessx

Android Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2015
I had a Samsung (Stupid me) and it decided to commit suicide.

I borrowed this phone to use as a temporary backup until i Get a new phone but the internal storage is unbearable. Just updating system apps took over half the available storage.

Im aware there are multiple options for using ext sd as internal sd but i haven't got a clue as to which option is ideal.

Idc how much initial setup is involved im just looking for the most stable method that doesn't involve routine "maintainance" (ie something that doesn't require me to constantly move files to sd manually)

Im running the metro pcs variant on the latest firmware (i checked for system update and there were none available). I believe mine is the 12b (or similar) . Its android 4.1.2 fyi.

I haven't rooted or anything yet but i know it's as simple as tr.apk for this phone. Twrp im not sure for this device.

Anyways i look forward to your help

https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=...share_tid=819792&share_fid=36576&share_type=t
Proposal/Theory for External SD storage solution on F6

Read very carefully. The beginning of the thread starts out with the thoery but about midway warrantyvoider delivers with a full set of simple instructions and executable files.

Fyi: you must first be rooted, custom recovery installed and have a high speed micro sd card ready to partition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones