Internal storage

Last Updated:

1. sperwer

sperwer Member

I have been a few months in the possession of an Archos 101.

It strikes me that I recently get the notice:

"Little room - Storage device running out of space."

The strange thing is that the amount of free (26.48 MB) in the beginning was much higher while less App's I've downloaded as in the beginning.

If I look in App2SD (after clearing cache), I see: Total 269.92 MB Free 26.48

On SD card are 6 App's with a total of about 8 MB
    Phone only are 7 App with a total of about 5 MB

When I look at Settings> Applications> Manage Applications
    I see
    Downloaded: 13 apps in total about 13 MB
    All: A piece or 60 applications with about 40 MB
    On Internal storage: 6 App with a total of about 8 MB

Does anyone have an idea what's going to be?

Thanks in advance.

Because I only had 26 MB of 269.92 MB available for the system storage and I could not install any App I have start
    '' Settings> Repair & Formatting > reset''. So I could start from an empty system.
    Then I reinstalled all app's.
    It turns out I now have 212.34 MB free.
    Apparently in the system storage information is stored which is not released when cleaning the cache.
    I wonder if other users of the Archos 101 are affected.

2. RossTiger

RossTiger Active Member

This is one of the only annoying things about this device, it has 8gb of storage and assigns 2gb of that for system storage.

I always find (had this device since christmas) that I'm running out of system storage and have to move things over to internal storage. But then, anything in internal storage takes longer to load when the device boots up.

Not sure whats happening with the cache to be honest but I think I get the same thing happening as the system storage seems to get smaller and smaller.