Internation dialing -- + not recognizedSupport

Last Updated:

1. wildehare

wildehare Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Incredible for a month now and feel it is the best phone I've had. I'm coming from a Palm Treo 755P which I thought was good, but now looks like a brick.

This morning I tried to make an international call from the Inc. and received a message from VW that the number was not in service or had been changed. My contacts list has a prefix of '+' in front of international numbers. The Palm recognized that and substituted a 011 instead. When I changed the number in the Inc. and added the 011, the call went through with no problem.

I have tried international calls with Assisted Dialing on and off, and there is no difference. Is there a special way that international numbers need to be stored on the Inc. for the '+' to be recognized?

Advertisement
  2. cynthrob

cynthrob New Member

I had to contact VW directly to authorize my line to dial international. Is it possible that you lost the authorization when you upgraded your device?

3. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

This happened to me coming from my Blackberry Tour. I had to call them to add international dialing back to my plan.

4. wildehare

I do have international dialing enabled. I can make the call if I prefix the number with 011, just not when I prefix it with the usual +.

5. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Ive always used 01144number because the +44 doesn't always work on some phones, I've even have it fail on landlines b4

6. cynthrob

cynthrob New Member

Sorry - I misunderstood your issue. Try this:
    At the home screen - go to menu
    then go to settings
    then go to call
    then go to assisted dialing
    choose the country
    then tap edit
    enter the "+" under NDD - I think that will cause your phone to recognize the number as an international number.

7. wildehare

Tried that. INC. gives me a message that I can only enter a numeric value in that field.

Thankfully, I don't make that many international calls, so it's not a major problem.