[International] Apps take ages to open but once open there's no lag

Last Updated:

1. Tom Hudson

Tom Hudson New Member

Hi everyone, I have a SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 and apps like settings take ages to load but once loaded they work fine and there no lag. I've done everything, animations, cleaning reboots etc, everything. I recently rooted and have a root explorer. I've done things on build.prop but is there anything that I can do to get complete performance?? (Probably not overclocking though). I want apps to open instantly. Even if it means keeping them running in background, even after you close it on recent apps thing. Please help if there's anything to do to get a DRAMATIC SPEED INCREASE :) I also don't want to install a custom rom

thanks

Advertisement
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forms Tom Hudson! :)

I have asked our friendly Mods to move your post to the General Forum as this is the All Things Root section for rooted handsets.

In the meantime you could try to improve your app lag by wiping your cache and changing your transition and animation speeds. See #1.2 and #1.6 of the Update Problems - Dummies Guide
    Tom Hudson likes this.
  3. Tom Hudson

Tom Hudson New Member

Thanks a lot, but I've already done this and it doesn't make much difference. I first ram cache and done stuff on developer settings. But to open settings it takes like 5 second before it opens.
    Anything else? Or is it my phone?

Thanks very much again :)
  4. ironass

Have you also tried re-flashing your stock Samsung firmware?
  5. Tom Hudson

Tom Hudson New Member

No I haven't. Would this restore my phone though??
  6. ironass

It would return it to the stock, un-rooted, Samsung firmware. It should not affect your data but I would recommend backing everything up... just in case.
    Tom Hudson likes this.
  7. Tom Hudson

Tom Hudson New Member

Ok thanks for your help. I just wish there was an app that would but your phone into performance mode and make it run quickly.

Thanks for your help !! Much appreciated