• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Are you able to root I9505 XXUAMDD

stinger007

Lurker
Jun 20, 2013
Hi All,

Been a good reader of this forums ages and its always helped me out. Each Samsung phone I've had I've always rooted without issue however I'm unsure what to do with my new S4

Its a 16GB I9505 running 4.2.2 and baseband XXUAMDD

can you root phones with XXUAMDD in the baseband?

Cheers for help in advance

Hi All,

Been a good reader of this forums ages and its always helped me out. Each Samsung phone I've had I've always rooted without issue however I'm unsure what to do with my new S4

Its a 16GB I9505 running 4.2.2 and baseband XXUAMDD

can you root phones with XXUAMDD in the baseband?

Cheers for help in advance

Hello and welcome to Android forums stinger007! :)

See the step-by-step guide, with videos and pictures, for absolute beginners that has just been amended to include the GT-i9500, octa core, S4.

Rooting Galaxy S4 - Dummies Guide

Grab a coffee and start reading. ;)

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android forums stinger007! :)

See the step-by-step guide, with videos and pictures, for absolute beginners that has just been amended to include the GT-i9500, octa core, S4.

Rooting Galaxy S4 - Dummies Guide

Grab a coffee and start reading. ;)

Ok so looking at the guide most of the beginning steps are the same as S3 flashing

Strange thing I've just flashed with Odin used the file below

CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar

Odin shows success so I'm thinking "nice" all done for basic root. Yet I have no SU App and run the root command which also says I have no root access......any ideas?

Cheers

Upvote 0
Ok so looking at the guide most of the beginning steps are the same as S3 flashing

Strange thing I've just flashed with Odin used the file below

CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar

Odin shows success so I'm thinking "nice" all done for basic root. Yet I have no SU App and run the root command which also says I have no root access......any ideas?

Cheers

As per #2.5, did you see the red Android during flashing?

Did you enable USB debugging?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones