International Assisted Dialing

Last Updated:

1. maverick999

maverick999 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm getting ready to travel internationally and would love to have some kind of international assisted dialing (similar to what my iPhone 3GS had) that will add the US +001 prefix to any phone numbers that I dial or SMS.

Does anyone know if the Captivate has something like this, or if there's an app for this? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. maverick999

Is this what the 'Prefix dialer' is for? If so, will that also add prefixes to my numbers for SMS?

3. mrcamp

mrcamp Well-Known Member

Not sure if the captivate has it. Nice feature for the Iphone to have. For me, I store all the numbers on my phone in the "international aware" format. +447956888999, +1222334444, etc So, I can just dial as-is from whatever country I am in, without needing to know that international dial-out code for that country.

4. sonorous

sonorous Active Member

+1
    no pun intended ;)

5. maverick999

Isn't the international code for the US +001 when traveling abroad? If I were to store all of my numbers in this format, I'm pretty sure that my calls wouldn't go through.

6. sonorous

sonorous Active Member

+1 works from anywhere in the world. You can store all of the numbers without the extra zeros i.e. China would not be +086 it would be +86. I store all of my contacts in Outlook and after you enter a number if you open it (click the radio button by the number) and select the country it will add the appropriate code.