• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Can't boot into cwm and have no rom installed.

matt190191

Dec 26, 2011
Chester, UK
Hey all I need to send my phone to an insurance company because mine is cracked but the problem is I was rooted and was running CM11 tried flashing stock ROM and it says it falied to flash the rom using cwm. and now it won't boot and I have no CWM. I want to return my phone to complete stock and remove "tampered" and "unlocked from it.

any recommendations on what to do?

I was wondering whether the insurance company would actually check if the phone is rooted and no longer has an OS on it. what do you think?

cheers

are you still able to get to bootloader? if so we should be able to get back to a working device.

having said that,are you sending the phone off for a 3rd party warranty claim? if so,they could care less if its rooted,unlocked,waterlogged,smashed with a hammer,or even missing(most 3rd party insures,anyway) sogo ahead and send it in if you want to.

if youre attempting to get a legitimate factory warranty repair,it would be a good idea to attemt to make the phone 100% stock. if this is the case,do the following and report the info(xxx out your esn,imie,meid):

first download and install these drivers: revolutionary drivers (mirror)

then,download this small file:
mini-adb.zip

-unzip it,and place the unzipped folder onto the root of your C drive(not inside a folder)

-open a cmd window(with win 7,click start bubble,type "command" or "cmd" in hte search box)

-now change to your mini-adb directory(assuming you didnt chagne the name). type in the black cmd window that opened on your PC:
cd c:\mini-adb

-pull the battery in your phone for a few seconds. hold volume down,then power. hold them both until you see the white/colored writing hboot screen

-select "fastboot" from the hboot menu with the vol rocker/power button

-in your cmd window type:
fastboot devices

it should output your phones serial number. if so youre good to go. if not,youre apparently having a driver issue. i usually recomend these drivers from Revolutionary: modified htc drivers download and install the drivers(you should just have to run that file). afterwards,unplug your phone,plug it back in. make sure its in fastboot. as soon as you get a result from "fastboot devices" your ready to procede to the next step.

-in your cmd window,type(or copy/paste,is much easier):
fastboot getvar all

-copy the info that outputs here. right click in your cmd window,click mark,highlight it all in white. hit enter. paste the info here. it will help us know which ruu for you to run. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones