[International] cyanogenmod 11 S4, upgrade/sell question

Last Updated: 2014-02-04 22:02:08
  1. Rolledup20s

Rolledup20s Member

So, I rooted my s4 a week before i realised i could install cyanogenmod 11 directly with their PC software. Which I did anyway, and I love it.

When I come to sell my phone though is it OK just to do a 'reset all data' from within the cyanogen settings on the phone? And then just sell it on as a CyanogenMod S4 rooted 4.4.2 phone?

Is there any legal/security issues selling it in its current state?

Advertisement
  2. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

You could do this, so long as you are explaining to the buyers exactly what you have dove to it..... It would however be easier to sell and better for any potential buyers to just reflash the stock rom using Odin as cyanogenmod is not 100% stable and could cause buyers problems that they have no idea how to sort!
  3. Rolledup20s

Rolledup20s Member

I think CM11 is 100x better than Samsung's stock, surely I've done potential buyers a favour and saved them a lot of hassle.. :) I know what ya mean Tho. I'm not a big ROM flasher etc, this being my first which CM did for me..so going back to stock might be a hassle lol..I'll see if I can sell it as CM11 :)
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

I agree with sntaylor. Buying a rooted phone that may, or may not, have Knox security warranty intact and cannot receive stock Samsung firmware updates would potentially decrease the value of the phone to the vast majority of buyers as CM disables a lot of the features that they might expect from the handset and will require un-rooting to get them operational.
  5. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

I would flash a stock rom before selling a Samsung phone, CM11 is a good rom but you lose allot of the Samsung features and some camera functions.

It's great that you like the rom but it's not about what you like when it comes to resale value.

Thing's people might want to know, signs of damage or scratches, software version, if the flash counter has increased, the warranty status(Knox), place and date of purchase.

But yeah, a factory reset in CM11 works just the same as a stock rom, it will wipe your personal data.
  6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I moved this to the All Things Root subforum where folks are best informed to discuss phones with custom roms.:)
    Shotgun84 likes this.