• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root International Data Roaming pop-up

A little background first.

I live in the center of Kentucky, in an "Extended Digital" area in partnership with the local carrier Bluegrass Wireless. I have a Droid X, a Palm Pre, and a Moto W755. Besides initial activation, I don't have any problem with connections. This new Devour that I got for my bro is liking to be a problem. All of my phones has to have "Data Roaming" on in order to work in this area, even though it's only partially considered roaming. Any time the Devour comes into a data signal, it pops up with the following wall of text.

International Data Roaming
Your device is currently on an international network and roaming charges will apply for all usage. Current roaming rates for this country can be found by visiting or calling. Please note that some features of this device automatically send data without user input and international data roaming charges are incurred unless you disable them.
To disable these features go to Settings, Wireless Controls, Mobile Networks and then uncheck the box for Data Roaming, Simply reverse this process and check the Data Roaming box to enable these features in the future.
Click Yes to continue otherwise No to disable Data roaming.

{yes} {no}

No matter how many times I click yes, it keeps coming back. Is there any way to remove this prompt with root access? I've found a few posts in forums of users with cliqs and x's that actually do roam internationally and it pops up, no fixes or any routes to being fixed as I see...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones