• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Daydream Clock

Hawker

Android Expert
Aug 2, 2011
UK
www.celica.talktalk.net
I used to like the Daydream clock function of Rootbox on the S2, whereby a dim clock is shown during Daydream mode (settings>display>daydream)
Samsung's daydream has all the other completely useless features (colours/photos) but no clock.
Typical bloody Sammy! :(

If you want the clock function however, then download DeskClock.apk and LockClock.apk from my DevHost site here, (taken from 4.2.2 S2 RootBox) copy to /system/app set permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot.

When you then go into the Daydream settings, you will get the far more useful clock option. I set this to come on when charging.

Enjoy

Reactions: dynomot and ironass
Your standby is over. I know how to get the tick box in Root Explorer, but for the life of me marry up the tick boxes up to what is seen. I would have thought this :

Screenshot_2013-09-13-18-57-00_zpsc238294f.png

Would give me the correct permissions, but it does not.

Reactions: volimte21
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones