Last Updated:

1. Headzyy

Headzyy Member

I have a HTC ONE with Optus and i wanted to know if it voided my warranty

Advertisement
  2. psionandy

psionandy Well-Known Member

The answer is a definite maybe...
    based on your device, warranty, personal ethics, location, local laws, resources, and the ability to hire a good lawyer, and if they notice when you submit your claim
  3. Headzyy

Headzyy Member

So what should i do
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

when you unlocked the bootloader,you agreed to terms(you had to check the boxes to continue) that you understood that unlocking your bootloader may void "all or parts of your warranty"

some folks have turned in unlocked,rooted,rommed,nonfunctional devices and not had issue,but it is possible htc or your carrier could dispute your warranty claim.
    scary alien and D-U-R-X like this.
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

you should fix your device,as there is likely nothig wrong with it other than you messed with it without a good understanding of what youre doing. we are trying to help in your second thread.
    scary alien and D-U-R-X like this.
  6. psionandy

psionandy Well-Known Member

If you want to be completely sure your warranty isn't effected, don't do anything.

Otherwise it depends on you managing the risk yourself. How long are you into the contract? how easy is it for you to replace the device without, what is the risk of it breaking, how much cosmetic damage does the device have, has it ever got wet, has it got any problems at the moment...

Only you can weigh up the pros and cons, as they will be completely unique to you.

(or ignore all of them and do it anyway)
  7. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

OK, question answered and plus you already have a support thread. we don't want this to turn into a warranty fraud thread. Thread closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.