[International] ECHOE Rom

Last Updated:

1. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

2. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

Tomorrow I do this, I shall start a new thread. With bullet points, title :

"How to completely bork, and reflash and Brick your Knox enabled SGS4"

Not had time tonight, I've been finishing a report for work.
  3. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Looks like Syd has been on the Yorkshire bitter again! :beer:

That link is for Ausdim kernel 4.3v10.

The rest of us have been on Ausdim 4.3v11 since yesterday!

See post #54.
  4. Sydney99

Indeed I have! Oops.

Like you have been on v11......

Several reports on xda yesterday eve that the new kt kernel is as good, but fixes the Wi-Fi hotspot issue, if that's important to you!

Can't be assed to link, I'll only get it wrong again.......
  5. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Well-Known Member

6. ironass

Morning Syd! I think you had more than a little of the Yorkshire bitter old stick. Reports that I have been reading on the xda thread for the latest KT kernel are not that favourable from my reading of it in the last 4 pages. :(
  7. Sydney99

Right, mental note to self.....

1. Don't try and keep an eye on s4 developments during poker night or when hung over the next morning, and

2. If I do, don't post about it on here!
  8. Sydney99

Well, as promised, tested this am on the way to work. As long as you accept a test with a hang over as valid....

All working perfectly via bt, seamless and no gaps between music and directions.

Anything else sir?
    Hawker likes this.
  9. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Syd butty. Much appreciated. ;)

I think you have now forced me into a flashing corner. :p
    If I have to go back to MGA and can't get my baseband back I will hold you totally responsible old fella and I'll be sending the missus out to getcha!
  10. Sydney99

i'll sort her out if you do :cool:
  11. ironass

How are you finding the KT kernel with Echoe old chief test pilot?

You have well and truly redeemed yourself Syd! Zero to hero in one post. ;)

That saves me the job of testing it for the old boy. No doubt the Welsh wizard will now be flashing faster than the speed of light! :D

Be careful what you wish for Syd!

Hawker's missus was thrown out of the Roman legion's crucifixion detail for cruelty! :ahhhhh:
  12. Sydney99

Well, rusty bottom..... Wi-Fi hot spot was not working for me on ausdim but IS working with the latest kt kernel.

Otherwise can find nothing between the 2.

Although obviously not able to comment on battery, but judging on previous comparisons they'll be nowt in it!!

So the only reason to switch back to kt kernel is if you want Wi-Fi tethering to work.
    ironass likes this.
  13. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Oh well. I've plunged. Be very afraid Syd! :D

I'm on "pure stock" at the moment, ie, no xposed+wanam
    Not tested BT+Music+Navigation yet. Will have to wait until I split.
    I'm on the standard swipe lockscreen. Is anyone having a big lag to wake up the device?

I also get a root-related error each time I reboot in PhilZ
  14. ironass

That's standard. Just select No if asked about, "Fix root", in PhilZ recovery.

Be it upon your head Syd! :pound:

I have switched to the KT Touchwiz JELYBEAN 4.3 kernel after first using the settings in Ausdim to clean scripts and files and then utilising Hawker's KernelWipe script, to be on the safe side.

First impressions are good. I am using it, as I did with Ausdim, "as is", from the dev as there are a myriad of settings with the KTweaks app that gets installed with it.

Battery life will be the deciding factor for me. :hmmmm:

UPDATE for Hawker

Just enabled my lock screen, swipe, for the first time, ever, and there is no lag with the KT kernel mentioned above, if that helps. :dontknow:
  15. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Well-Known Member

and as per the 1st KT Kernel this latest one is going to be assigned to the bin.

Awful lag, random reboots and its eating my battery like a fat person in a cake shop

back to ausdim
  16. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

It seems my navigation lag for audible directions is still present on Full width latest audism.
    However the problem seems isolated to the stock music player for me. Google play music seems to cope fine.
    What player did you test on syd?
  17. Sydney99

Hawker, you still getting lag?
  18. Sydney99

19. ironass

No lags, shutdowns or freezes since being on the KT kernel however, like you, I am dubious about my battery life after my previous excursion with it on Android 4.2.2. We shall see.
  20. Sydney99

Battery always shocking for the first few days after New kernel. Well reserve judgement
  21. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

no syd, strangely my other lag (to wake up the device on lockscreen) has gone. Not changed anything that would affect this, so pleasantly confused.
  22. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Well-Known Member

maybe i was slightly quick to blame the KT kernel for my woes, i had flashed Comadose and wanam xposed and for some reason the 2 on my particular handset just did not mix well.

I had been playing RR3 went to reboot to recovery and somehow i had lost root

Rerooted, wiped, reflashed 5+ slim and im flying again with ausdim and KT although i am going to stick with the former as i have more confidence in it ( for now ).did not bother with any other scripts

Btw Hawker im having no problems at all with poweramp and navigation
  23. ironass

"Expect our BIGGEST release yet to hit the market SOON. No ETA's please, but hopefully by tomorrow night.

Just a little teaser..

EchoeROM - YouTube

24. Marc1969

Marc1969 Well-Known Member

Is there any special sequence in which I have to flash the ROM and the MJ5 modem? I think I've flashed it in every possible way, with every version of Odin I could find but still having problems with my data connection :-(
  25. Sydney99

I flashed modem first, instructions say do it after, don't think it's the order that matters.

What file are you using and how did you try flashing it?