current binary: Custom
    system status: Official

please help!!!

Advertisement
  2. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

Hey threre,

Thanks for joining Android Forums :)

I'd like to get you the help you need. Can you give me a little more info please? Which carrier is your S3 on and is it rooted?
    dark131991 likes this.
  3. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Well-Known Member

You have a rooted phone using custom firmware and recovery. You can't flash a carrier update while on a custom ROM. ODIN back to stock first, then do the carrier upgrade.
    dark131991 and Brian706 like this.
  4. dark131991

dark131991 Member

its made in china and i think its not rooted because i dont know how to do that..
  5. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

If you'd like I can move this into the Galaxy S3 all things root section. You will probably receive the best help there as you will have a whole section of experienced users with your device. I don't have any samsung experience but will gladly move this over there to get you help. :)
    dark131991 likes this.
  6. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Welcome to our forum. :)
    dark131991 likes this.
  7. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Hey there and welcome to android forums :)
  8. dark131991

dark131991 Member

what is the effect if my cp is rooted?.. at the start my galaxy s3 is good but after my software update to 4.1.2 i have a problem to my wifi connection i cant connect to internet.. thats y i want to restore the previous version of my andriod the 4.1.1 and then i download it ang try to install it using odin.. but it always failed to install.. my s3 is useless now for a month.. :(
  9. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides

First off another :hello:

Please try to answer this, it could go a long way to determine where to potentially move this thread for the best exposure.

On the other hand, if it is a Chinese 'knockoff' of a Samsung Galaxy SIII that could be the whole problem.

And again, please answer the question about which carrier your phone is on so we can determine how best to help you; either here or moreso a move to the best section populated with users most familiar with your device.

Thanks and good luck
    Brian706 likes this.
  10. dark131991

dark131991 Member

galaxy s3 international..
  11. dark131991

dark131991 Member

i dont know the carrier of my phone. galaxy international is that a carrier?.. im from the philippines and i used roaming sim.. but im sure its not at&t sprint or verizon.. my phone is unlocked i can use any sim..
    Brian706 likes this.
  12. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides

Well, I went ahead and moved this here from introductions.

good luck
    funkylogik likes this.
  13. Warl0ck

Warl0ck Well-Known Member

Galaxy international is not a carrier. What is your network? you can check on about -> status ->Network. Also check your baseband version. Try to use csc changer and choose the correct code for your carrier ;)
    dark131991 and funkylogik like this.