[International] Glitches after Rooting///Memory issues

Last Updated: 2013-11-27 10:06:00
  1. msmarniece

msmarniece New Member

hi@! took the plunge and rooted my s4 16gb, it seemed to work seamlessly. I rooted it the microsD way. and installing terminal emulator.

that being said.
    its glitchy the F out!! it restarts when I launch apps or make changes, and in my application manager it says :
    Device memory
    3.8 GB used
    6.0 GB free

I have moved almost everything that I have over to my sd card, and uninstalled go launcher and all of its components.
    I dl Apps 2 SD, and titanium. I also downloaded Apps Manager, and when I got to "movable" it gives me this message
    "The device does not have a real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emulated. Moving applications to the EXTERNAL card function may not be supported by this device "
    (it is only when I use this app, do I get this error. Apps 2 SD, etc does not prompt the code)

so here are my questions!!
    1. After using my 2gb micro sd ( which was formatted to exFAT) was I supposed to do something as in write a new script in the terminal so that when I mounted my 16gb microsd it would utilize it properly? like a pc, when you reformat the drive?
    2. Where the frap has all of my memory gone?
    3. Why would my phone restart when adding, or changing apps?

xoxoxo
    I appreciate all you tech savvy boys out there.. and girls!! :)

Advertisement
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to Android Forums msmarniece! :)

As your method of rooting and subsequent problems are not related to the methods used in this thread, I have asked the Mods to move your post to the main section of the All Things Root forum where you may receive help from others who have used your method of rooting and it avoids cluttering up this thread.

Good luck!
    Mikestony likes this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Moved to a thread of your own msmarniece:)
    (Thanks Iron:) )
    Welcome to the forums and I hope you get your issue resolved from the good folks here;)
    ironass likes this.
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

It might be useful if you gave your, "Version", and "Firmware", details as shown in #1.2 and #1.3 of 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours? as well as a link to the rooting method you used.
    Mikestony likes this.