• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Google logo while HTC One boots up

rajpotula

Lurker
Nov 26, 2013
Hi all,

I wanted to convert my HTC One international unlocked to complete Google Play edition and did just that. I used it for a couple of days and then decided to switch back. So I restored through a nandroid backup with twrp recovery and everything is back to normal with Sense and working well.

But when the phone boots up now, I see a "Google" in the middle of the screen with a small lock open symbol at the bottom of the screen. The HTC splash screen and sound starts after this.

Now my worry is, when the kitkat officially comes to HTC one international, will I be able to update to it? or will the update detect something wrong and wont do it? How do I get back to rooted HTC One without the "Google" showing up?

Please help :)

Thanks,
Raaj

If you've changed firmware by running the GPE ruu,youll need to run an international ruu to also restore your original firmware.

If you did a full conversion,including a mid and cid change,you'll need to repeat all those steps to get back to stock and be able to properly recieve OTAs.

Let us know exactly what you did to convert,and if the phone has recieved any OTAs in this state and we can be a bit more specific on what you need to do to restore stock.

Also thot I'd mention that the OTA is not magical,you do not really need to accept one to enjoy the benefits. When folks start receiving the update,it will be turned into a rom that you can simply flash in recovery,wich is IMO a safer way to to update a rooted phone. :)

Upvote 0
Hi Scotty,

Thanks for replying :) I got the phone back to stock last night by locking the bootloader through fastboot, then flashed the international RUU corresponding to my cid and...it's back. I got the ota's and updated to 4.3. The Google logo is gone...but the only thing is, it shows "relocked" in boot loader screen. I hope I did everything right....was scared I would brick it :)

Thanks again for taking time out :)

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones