• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Best Kernal for Battery Life on Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Everything is stock at the moment and it's not rooted.

I am a heavy Twitter user and this tends to drain my battery really quickly.

My phone has Jelly Bean and the OS is up to date.

I wanted to know what the kernel would be best for me to use on my phone to optimize my battery, as right now it gives me hardly 5 to 7 hours. I mean I have a full charge and by the time I walk out of the house 5% has gone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I have tried about every kernel there is. On wifi, if I don't touch my phone, I experience about 3% battery drain per hour with my normal sync settings...regardless of kernel. Screen on time is the big battery killer.

Try using a twitter client that allows you to use a dark theme. On super amoled displays, black takes virtually zero power to display. You could root and use a custom kernel (I prefer leankernel), underclock your processor, and you wouldn't change the amount of battery drain the screen causes. Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones