• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] [CyanogenMod] Two questions

Winfried

Oct 11, 2011
Hello

I moved my Galaxy Nexus from stock Android to Cyanogenmod a few months ago, and have a couple of questions:

1. How can I configure web browsers to use a local web proxy (Privoxy)? None of the three browsers (no-name default, Chrome, Dolphin) offer a proxy feature

2. There are some issues I have with Cyanogenmod that give me second-thoughts: Is it possible to go back to standard Android?
Originally, I moved because GPS was supposed to work better, but it's not obvious and Cyanogenmod has some issues (random reboots; can no longer send MMS messages.)

Thank you.

You can certainly go back to vanilla android, or a custom ROM based on it. Best place to ask for advice would be the GNex section of AF (or the All Things Root section - whichever of the three is best for your device version). If you took a nandroid backup before installing CM (which you should really always do before flashing a ROM) then just restore it and you are back to stock (just back up your apps/data first, as you'll restore the old data as well, so will want to use a backup of the current data to update them).

I don't know about proxy support because I've never done that myself, sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones