• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Galaxy nexus Rogers bootloader fix

misc86

Nov 16, 2010
Hi everyone,

So I have an issue where my phone will show the google logo on boot, but will not load beyond that . Just Keeps rebooting and getting stuck on the google logo screen. I am on Rogers in Canada . Is there anyway to fix this problem and recover the data without needing to factory reset? I am on 4.0.1

Thanks so much guys.

is there a way to access the SD card using some sort of software (ADB?) in order to obtain the photos from the phone?

Yes. Boot into recovery mode, and you can use ADB to interact with files on the devices.

You can copy your entire sd card using this command:
Code:
adb pull "/sdcard" "destination-folder-name/"
This will copy all of the contents in your sdcard storage to a folder named "destination-folder-name" in the same directory as ADB. Obviously, you can change the folder name to whatever you like as well as change the location (ie: "C:\sdbackup\").

Note: the quotes are only necessary if you have spaces in the folder names.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones