• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] market error -101 (help)

Thanks for the suggestion.

All the suggestions here are just workarounds. I shouldn't have to create a new Google account just to download apps. This has never happened with my HTC Desire or Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, which are both linked to the same Google account as my Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Has anybody else who's experienced this problem contacted Google about it?

Upvote 0
has anyone fixed this? i just started getting it this morning - was notified that i had updates available, but can't do anything with them. i've tried clearing cache/data, and removing the account and re-adding it...also tried doing it from the website. still nothing. i can update apps just fine on my tablet, so it's not my account...

i did make some smali edits to framework.jar and framework-res.apk last night, but there don't appear to be any other errors (and i didn't edit anything relating to the market)...it was for the advanced power menu on the galaxy nexus.

edit: for anyone still having this problem, i found this which seems to have fixed it for me...

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23408

Comment 17 by greg.hel...@gmail.com, Feb 8, 2012
Had the same issues with a new Nexus. Would not download apps from either wifi or 3G. I cleared both the data and the cache on the download manager. Do this from settings and then sekect apps. Select ALL from the right hand dide of the screen and scroll down to the download manager. Turn off the phone completely after that and power on again. App downloads now wirk cortectly. Good luck

Upvote 0
There are several solutions that have been suggested, including:
* Turning your phone on and off.
* Deleting the data from the Marketplace app.
* Uninstalling the updates to the Marketplace app.
* Logging in and out of Google Talk a few times to confirm the phone is linked to the account corrently.
* Trying a different connection (3G instead of wi-fi for example).

In my experience, the only thing that actually works is waiting. I think that when people have found one of these suggestions to work, it's actually coincidence and they could have just waited.

Upvote 0
I recently had an issue with my payment options. I kept Bering error messages. All the while I thought it was a Google issue, it turned out to actually be an issue with my credit union. It turns out that Google is listed as a high risk vendor and my credit union won't deal with them.
It is now a complete pain in my ass to but an app but it's worth it not to be hacked

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones