[International / GSM] Nexus stuck at boot screen

Last Updated:

1. vladimiros

vladimiros Member

Hi i have a problem with my galaxy.I power on the nexus and it is freezed,i can open at all.The screen is black and at the middle has the google logo.what i must do,thank you

Advertisement
  2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

If you can provide some more details about your device, it will make it easier to assist you. Which version of the nexus do you have (Verizon, Sprint, or GSM)? Are you unlocked and/or rooted? If so, do you have a custom recovery installed (CWM or TWRP)? Is the device running a stock or custom rom?
    vladimiros likes this.
  3. vladimiros

vladimiros Member

version:gsm
    unlocked and rooted
    clockworkmod
    aopk manguro 4.0.4

thank you!!
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

I would suggest you start a new thread in the GSM All Things Root section to get more exposure to your issue.

Also have you done a clockwork backup before?

You may have to end up restoring to your most current backup or re imaging all together.
  5. vladimiros

vladimiros Member

never backup the clockwork.if i put the usb to my pc i hear the sound but i can find my device to put a firmwear ti reinstall
  6. jhawkkw

Good idea, I broke the posts off and created a new thread in the ATR section.

Did you buy the device used and it was already in this state, or did you unlock,root, and rom it yourself? If the device is off, can you get into fastboot and/or recovery?
  7. vladimiros

vladimiros Member

the devise it is new,yes i rooted the devise!yes now i am in the fastboot
  8. jhawkkw

If you can get into fastboot, then at the very least you will be able to reflash back to factory stock. If you feel somewhat proficient at using the command prompt, you can use adb to push a rom and gapps to the phone to flash in cwm or twrp. The choice is yours.
    vladimiros likes this.
  9. vladimiros

vladimiros Member

thank you but i am afraid i can not do this with not instraction.Were i can find the how to reflash back to factory stock
  10. jhawkkw

The easiest way if you're using windows is through the use of Wugs Nexus toolkit, which you can find here: Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.1 | WugFresh Download and install that. Once it's installed, you should be able to click the option device is bootlooped, then click restore to stock/unroot. It will then run a script and return you to 100 percent factory state, and should upgrade you to 4.2 or 4.2.1 since you have a GSM nexus. Start there, and if you need more help, I'll try to assist.
    tube517 and vladimiros like this.
  11. vladimiros

vladimiros Member

12. tushar_p

tushar_p New Member

sir i stuck in same problem my unlocked nexus stuck in (X) nexus sign i try physical method as button and safe mode but it give me <!> this sign in red color, what to do i am not pro in this so just need step wise help ..
  13. jhawkkw

Alright, just need some background info first. Is your bootloader unlocked? Are you rooted? Have you installed custom recovery (cwm or twrp)? And are you running the stock rom or a custom rom?