1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

[International / GSM] Phone and Multi-user mode: tricky?

1. valkandroid

valkandroid New Member

Hi all!

I'm trying to create a restricted access user account for my 3-year-old.

Just installed Terminal Emulator and typed in "su", then "pm create-user NAME_OF_USER", but I haven't been able to go any further as I got stuck after "Error: couldn't create user". I surely must have missed something, but then what ...?

I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Nexus Root Toolkit under Windows 7 64bits and flashed CM 10.1 with TWRP if that's of any help to understand why I can't go any further ...

PS: I have both Superuser and SuperSU apps. Could THAT be the problem?

--
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus Maguro yakju
    CyanogeMod 10.1 w/ TWRP

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

First off welcome to the forums :)

I am confused, in the settings you can create profiles in there that you could make for your son. That way he can have his own stuff and so can you?

Lastly, I am moving this thread into the Galaxy Nexus Root Forum for International Nexus's
  3. valkandroid

valkandroid New Member

Thanks!

I want to create a Restricted Profile in which there would only be the apps my daughter could play with. AppDefender's a great app, but it doesn't prevent my daughter from messing around with my apps' shortcuts on the desktop for instance ...

Thanks!
  4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

5. valkandroid

valkandroid New Member

That's good to know! Thanks! Will try out! As for CyanogenMod and AOKP, it's not possible in 4.2.

PS: Wait ... are you talking about 4.2.1 on a tablet or on a phone?