1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

[International / GSM] Power button problem--root related?

Last Updated:

1. fran1r

fran1r Well-Known Member

I rooted successfully today, but I now have a problem with the power button when the phone is already on. Sometimes (rarely) it turns the screen on to stay, but most of the time the screen just briefly flashes on, and I don't get the chance to unlock it.

Did anyone else have this problem? I'm dreading having to unroot and return this....

Advertisement
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

I don't think anything in the root process would have caused this. It sounds like it is a hardware issue with your power key sticking.
  3. scottg96

scottg96 Well-Known Member

Same thing happens to me. Definitely root-related, as it only happened after I tried hacking/flashing Google Wallet on. I'm restoring a backup now...
  4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Def let us know if restoring fixes it. Backups are good thing!
  5. fran1r

fran1r Well-Known Member

Power button seems back to normal after unrooting. If I'm not alone, I feel strangely less bad.
  6. scottg96

Restored from backup. Problem was fixed. :)
    Yeahha likes this.
  7. Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645 Well-Known Member

EDIT: Forget what I said. I found the problem...for me at least.

If you have LightFlow installed to control the LED, go to General settings and scroll all the way down to where you see Additional LEDs found. Make sure s6e8aa0 is NOT checked. That is what was screwing with my screen. I unchecked that and its all good now!
    scottg96 likes this.
  8. scottg96

I think that might have been what triggered it for me too, actually. When I tested the notification pulse nothing happened so I figured that might have worked but it didn't :p
  9. Mr. Orange 645

I'm just happy to get it figured out. I've been racking my brains for the last two hours working on it. Now I've still got root and still have LightFlow working and no screen problems. Now on to flashing my first custom ROM on my Nexus. :)
  10. fran1r

fran1r Well-Known Member

I will give it a try later! Thanks for this.
  11. Mr. Orange 645

No problem. Let me know if it solved your problem!
  12. fran1r

fran1r Well-Known Member

That must have been the issue. I re-rooted it today and everything is working fine. Thanks for figuring it out, but couldn't you have done it before I unrooted? ;)
  13. Mr. Orange 645

LOL. I was about five minutes away from unrooting as well, but luckily I was able to figure it out.

Now if only i could figure out how to improve signal strength. I mah exchsnge this for a new.Nexus and see if thag solves it. I know others were complaining about it, too, but mine is ridiculous. Im hoping I just got a bad radio and an exchange will solve it.