Root [International] HTC One doesn't boot after Kernel Installation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tobiasfw, Mar 11, 2014.

1. tobiasfw

tobiasfw New Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Hello,

I have a description to unlock / root my HTC One I found on cultofandroid (I can't post links, sorry).

Then I tried to install the Kernel "teaMseven_kernel_SENSE" to allow using an additional soft button.

I used a description I found on wonderhowto(dot)com

Now the problem is that the HTC does not boot anymore. It is stuck with the white screen. I made a backup but apparently that backup does not work either (probably because I mounted the kernel before I installed it, I thought that wouldn't change anything persistently).

Anyway, it appears that a USB connection to the PC is still possible. So I thought maybe by using the command window (cmd) I can load a working recovery to the HTC and mount it.

TWRP is on the device and seems to work. The "wipe" option did not help. When I try "restore factory settings" it also starts TWRP.

Any help is appreciated.
    BEst,
    TObias

Advertisement
  2. scotty85

Guide

Jul 25, 2010
    Best way to get back to a working phone since you did not create a backup prior to your kernel installation is to flash a stock rom,wich will restore the stock kernel and modules. Stock roms for us carrier and some unbranded builds can be found on xda.

In the future make sure to create a backup prior to making any modifications ;)

Hadron likes this.
Tags: