• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] HTC One TWRP Issue

FreddoT

Lurker
Aug 29, 2013
Hi,

I just got a brand new HTC One Mini, and I'm pretty pleased (there is no section here for the mini, so I'm posting here).

However, after I unlocked the bootloader using HTC's method, I attempted to flash Team Win's Recovery Project and everything seemed to go fine. The flash reported successful, and the phone started up fine.

However, now when I start into bootloader mode and select "Recovery", the phone screen goes black for a while and then the phone just restarts back up to normal Sense Android.

I desperately need to fix this. Is there any way to simply reset the recovery? I couldn't find a method for the mini. I cannot factory reset from bootloader or from Android because they both attempt to load into recovery so the phone just restarts.

Any answers? I'm desperate!

Thanks,

Freddy.

Best guess is that the TWRP you loaded was not built for the One Mini. Can you post a link to where you got it from? It could possibly be a bad download, so do check if an md5 code was provided, but don't flash again unless you are sure it's for the One Mini rather than the One, for example.

A factory reset just deletes user data, so won't help. What you need is a compatible recovery. So if we can't find a recovery for you then a ROM Update Utility would fix it (but erase the phone and put you back to where you started). If you could extract the recovery image from one you could flash that alone though.

I'm on my phone ATM so not best placed to look for this stuff. Will be back later if nobody has found the stuff in the meanwhile.

Meanwhile I have posted the suggestion that we add a One Mini forum :)

Upvote 0
OK, was easier than I thought. Though I can't find an official TWRP for the One Mini (the device is not listed on the TWRP website), there seems to be a working version in this XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2418938.

So if you download from the link in the first post of that thread and fastboot flash the image hopefully that will have your recovery working again.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones