[International] i9505 gets OFFICIAL KitKat release

Last Updated:

1. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

KitKat, Android 4.4.2, has started to roll out for the International quad core, GT-i9505.

First to receive it is the German product code DBT, CSC code, i9505OXAFNB8, with a build date of 13 FEB and changelist 48110.

Model: GT-I9505
    Model name: Galaxy S 4 LTE
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 481100
    Build date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:47:45 +0000
    Product Code: DBT
    PDA: I9505XXUFNB8
    CSC: I9505OXAFNB8
    MODEM: I9505XXUFNB8

For more details on CSC codes, see 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?

At the behest of Mikestony... ;)

Caveats:

Flashing the above firmware will unroot you and you will need to re-root. See #2.13 of Rooting Galaxy S4 - Dummies Guide

Flashing the above firmware will give you a locked bootloader and Knox security if you do not already have it.

Flashing the above firmware should not be attempted whilst driving a motor vehicle.

Flashing the above firmware should not be attempted whilst being paralytic drunk.

Flashing the above firmware whilst Monica Bellucci, Kate Upton or Emilia Fox are waiting for you is also not recommended.

(OK... I added the last 3 myself ;) )

Advertisement
  2. iT0mm0

iT0mm0 Well-Known Member

"Flashing the above firmware should not be attempted whilst being paralytic drunk."

Bugger that ill give this one a miss
  3. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Dont forget Kitkat also gives you less freedom with the use of your memory cards too, unless Samsung decide to modify the rom (which i cant see by the way they seem to be towing Googles line).
  4. ironass

See, here, for details of the latest Knox 2.0 Mobile Security platform which accounts for this.
    anoniemouse likes this.
  5. ironass

Hot on the heels of the German release there is an even later KitKat build, for the Nordic Countries, CSC code NEE, released...

Model: GT-I9505
    Model name: Galaxy S 4 LTE
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 481100
    Build date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 03:15:30 +0000
    Product Code: NEE
    PDA: I9505XXUFNB9
    CSC: I9505NEEFNB2
    MODEM: I9505XXUFNB9

(This is unbranded, carrier free)
  6. valleyboy22

valleyboy22 Active Member

No UK update yet??
  7. ironass

Correct!

When there is, it will depend on your CSC code as there are a number of UK stock Samsung firmwares.
  8. valleyboy22

valleyboy22 Active Member

Oh right. Could be waiting a while then??
  9. ironass

KitKat releases for the International, GT-i9505, are starting to gain momentum with the following CSC codes eligible...

VFG = Romania (Vodafone), Slovenia (Si.mobil), Albania (Vodafone), Austria (A1), Bulgaria (MTL) and Italy (Vodafone).

These are all I9505XXUFNB8.

For more details on CSC codes, see 23 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?
  10. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Well-Known Member

does this finally mean Djembey will get a new release for us old bootloader users soon? I sure hope so. Benn hanging on for a while now. Kitkat is great and love it on my Nexus 7.
  11. ironass

DjeMBeY has got himself a job which means that he now has very little time for dev'ing I'm afraid.

I'm on the Echoe ROM v2.2 based on the Google Edition KitKat release and it has been brilliant for me on the old bootloader, un-Knoxed, for the last 3 months. The latest ROMs based on the new stock Samsung KitKat releases really need the new bootloader to be flashed first I'm sorry to say.
  12. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Well-Known Member

Im starting to think now it wouldnt be such a bad idea . Since I got my tab Ive used it for all the media and gaming uses my phone once had and the s4 has become a ...well a phone again. :)
  13. Riche101

Riche101 VIP Member VIP Member

DjeMBey has released a KitKat rom via the latest leak. I'm holding fire for now. Until it all smoothes out and once we know more about our Sd Card uses. Probably will end up Joining Rusty in his Rom