[International] Just have to say this

Last Updated: 2013-09-19 19:58:56
  1. Marc1969

Marc1969 Well-Known Member

Totally inappropriate thread, I know, but I just want to say it anyway:

Because I lost my S2 while enjoying one (OK, maybe two :D) beer to many at a concert, I've been away from these forums for a while (been hanging around the A**le groupies :eek:). Lovely to see that most of the regulars I met in the S2 forums (ironass, Sidney99, Hawker to name but a few) are here, doing their usual 'thing' and also helping a lot of other users. I've been reading through a couple of the threads here and it feels like coming home ;)

The friendly bantering is the sole reason I chose the S4 over the HTC One and the Sony Experia Z :rolleyes:

It arrives tomorrow :)

Advertisement
  2. dynomot

dynomot Well-Known Member

Yes I felt like I'd come home when I got my SGS4 :) welcome back!

When you get it, and if you decide to root I hope it has an older firmware without the locked bootloader. I'm sure Ironass' guide will help.
  3. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

Wise choice, it's streets ahead of the s2 and those overpriced Apple thingies
  4. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

Welcome back :) it's maybe worth thinking about rooting before you get it, then you can avoid any ota updates with locked boot loaders like dyno says :)
  5. Marc1969

O, there's no mistake there: it WILL be rooted the first time I connect it to my laptop! I've been reading through ironass's guide(s), and I think I shouldn't have too much trouble.

But then again, if I run into any trouble I'm sure I will find enough help here :D
  6. Marc1969

I was lucky enough to get one without the locked bootloader. So thanks to ironass's guide it's rooted and running DjeMBeY's rom :D

I'm looking for some mods now, most important the 'back to kill' I used to have on my S2. Anybody know if it's out there for my i9505 somewhere?
  7. Sydney99

it's part of 3minit framework, which is well worth flashing to ur phone

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2276611
    Marc1969 likes this.
  8. dynomot

Try the 3minit framework and app. It makes JKay look limited.
    Marc1969 likes this.
  9. dynomot

Ninjaed! :)
  10. Marc1969

I'm looking into that right now (Google can find some amazing things, really a recommendable site! ;) ). Which version should I download if I have flashed Djembey's flashable zip? If I read correctly, it's MH8 and I cannot find that one in the downloads on XDA...
  11. alicepattinson

alicepattinson Well-Known Member

Well, that's good to hear from you choosing the SGS4
  12. dynomot

The latest framework is MH1 I believe. You could do a Nandroid and try it. I would wait myself. Also is Djembey's MH8 deodexed? If not any version of 3minit won't work. Seriously borked my SGS4 making that mistake.
  13. Marc1969

It is DeOdexed, or so it says in the summary ironass posted here. I think I'll wait for MH8 to appear. I see a lot more discussion about it on XDA
  14. Sydney99

I have read, but not tested myself!! that MH1 framework does work on MH8
  15. Marc1969

I came across some mentions of that too. Something about the sound settings not working. Tempted to give it a try tonight. I'll let you know.
    Sydney99 likes this.
  16. Marc1969

Hmmm, that didn't work as I thought it would... Flashed the framework, reboot phone and... nothing. Just the Sammy logo for a VERY long time... :(

Lucky for me I was able to reboot into recovery mode and reflash Djembey's rom. I'll wait for the MH8 framework :eek:
    dynomot and Sydney99 like this.
  17. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

MGG framework should work on MH8.
    Marc1969 likes this.
  18. Marc1969

And as usual, ironass comes to save the day ;) Looks like MGG does the trick! Thanks!
  19. dynomot

Don't tell him........

but he knows his stuff