[International] KitKat pre-release Samsung test build i9505

Last Updated:

1. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Over on SamMobile they have got their hands on a Samsung pre-release test build of the new KitKat, Android 4.4.2, firmware for the International, GT-i9505, model only. This is available for download and flashing via Odin and comes ahead of the anticipated roll out of KitKat in February/March.

WARNING: Flash at your own risk. This firmware will un-root you and give you a stock recovery, locked bootloader and Knox flag but will not increase your binary counter or trip Knox if you are already on Knox enabled firmware. See, Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares.

Model: GT-I9505
    Version: Android 4.4.2
    Changelist: 276328
    Build date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 23:30:51 +0000
    Product Code: OXA
    PDA: I9505XXUFNA1
    CSC: I9505OXAFNA1
    MODEM: I9505XXUFNA1

For more details, download and screenshots...

Exclusive: I9505XXUFNA1 – Leaked Android 4.4.2 KitKat Test Firmware for Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)

We should expect to see a rush of new custom ROM releases now... hopefully with more features and improved camera software.

EDIT Alternative, free, download link...

https://mega.co.nz/#!N0EVUKJY!J_VMa3y-62DmR7tes_qCXTW3m4Ykx8GsvqfM-tFkzEA

Advertisement
    volimte21, sntaylor and Hawker like this.
  2. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

And to think I've yet to actually try a Sammy build of a 4.3 Rom! Lol

Cheers for the heads up :)
  3. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

don't be in a rush to upgrade. theres nothing wrong with sticking to Froyo. but if you want to know how to upgrade I'll send you a video on your favoured betamax.....
    sntaylor likes this.
  4. ironass

Alternative, free, download site via Mega, added to post #1.

I'm spoiling you lot again. :rolleyes:
  5. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

Hey, what can i say? im a stickler for cupcakes ;)

i just keep flashing aosp based roms instead, just was put off with the need to change modems to match that rom with the original sammy roms :p
  6. ironass

Samsung have more leaks than a colander! :listen:

This one is 4 builds and 12 days later than the previous, "leak".

If I was a suspicious, conspiracy theory, type... I would say that these are controlled leaks to get free, real world, testing. This is usually followed by one release of the official firmware, usually on an International device with a European CSC/Product code, before they start the roll out. ;)
  7. volimte21

volimte21 Developer (theme) Developer

Do you need to be a suspicious, conspiracy type to believe that , I thought it was known by everyone:eek:
  8. ironass

That was said by me... tongue-in-cheek, volimte21. ;)

However, being the gentle, kind, puppy loving, person that I am, I like to think the best of everyone... :rolleyes:
  9. volimte21

volimte21 Developer (theme) Developer