• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Need uinput kernel thingy for android

andsa

Apr 11, 2011
My note 3 apparently does not have this since the root apps to map either usb gamepad keys or mouse/keyboard keys/movements to the touch controls does not work cause the uimput in dev/ is not there.

So can anyone help me? This is the only thing i need to get my root experience complete.

Hello there andsa!!
I"m not clear on what you need but I thought about moving your thread into your device/carriers root forum so others can help:)
What carrier do you have?

Thanks, cause device specified support can take a while and i regret making it on the note 3 section, which was why i made 2 in hope that it would be moved to a device root forum :p

Carrier is netcom. The SM9005 quadcore version
Well, i need some sort of uinput kernel thingy to flash onto the phone so that the root apps which uses the touch screen part can use it to map keys, mouse movements or other buttons without giving warning messages cause i do not have the rights to use it or something

X50IKOe.png

Upvote 0
Have you rooted it already? If so, perhaps all you need is superuser, or super-superuser flashed in .zip form?
And just so I can check it out, what root guide did you use? Perhaps I can see what I can find.
In the meantime, I'd have to research what forum to move it to since I am not familiar with netcom. So I'll leave it here until then:)

I'll do some searching for ya as work allows me here :)

Upvote 0
Yeah sorry, SM-N9005

Yes it's rooted
And yes, i grand the app superuser permission, but after i grant it, that message occurs.

I rooted with this one

CF-Root Download

Alrighty, thanks!

I am REALLY! not good at this rooting stuff :p

I am much more familiar with ios and jailbreaks than android and rooting xD

That looks like the correct file based upon the thread here:

[SM-N900*] CF-Auto-Root | Galaxy Note 3 | XDA Forum

I'll read more at home tonight...it's just about quitting time here at work :D yay.
I promise I'll check back later.

Upvote 0
Found this (confusing to me) definition of the "uinput":

uinput is a linux kernel module that allows to handle the input subsystem from user land. It can be used to create and to handle input devices from an application. It creates a character device in /dev/input directory. The device is a virtual interface, it doesn't belong to a physical device.

Also found this (very interesting):
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/pokes-android-apps/sME_vV9pPcE

Perhaps you just need a custom kernel?:
Can I intall a uinput kernel on a stock Note 3 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I don't know why some of the info about it that I find, has to do with joystick controllers :hmmmm:

[Android 4.0+][ROOT]Game Controller 2 Touch - Post #104 - XDA Forum

That's what I come up with so far. Can't guarantee anything will work as I am learning about this as I go:)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones