• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Paranoid Android (possible CM) issue

Yatezy

Android Enthusiast
Sep 10, 2012
I'll cut straight the point, my wifi hotspot doesnt work.

USB does but that aint good enough as my battery drops whilst using it. From a brief look around it looks like it may also be a problem with CM.

I dont wanna have to keep restoring from a Sammy nandroid to just use my tether :(

Does anyone know a work around or an app from the play store that just doesnt turn the hotspot option on in settings and allows genuine tethering through the app itself?

Hey mate.
Is it a known bug with the PA version youre on?

P.s, does your kernal allow tweaks to the USB charging current?

P.p.s theres tethering apps like FoxFi if its not banned yet

It looks like its a known bug through a fair few versions of it, a few people have asked the question on the XDA thread but no one ever seems to answer them.

Im using Siyah so can tweak it but not enough for it to hold a charge, unfortunately. I did notice FoxFi, i tried a few but all they did was literally turn on Hotspot in options for me. Which if im honest i could do myself :p

Upvote 0
Yeah i just use the native hotspot but i thought apps like FoxFi handled the tethering by themself coz ive read about americans usin it when their carrier removes the stock option.
If youre a big tetherer then its maybe time to change rom bro. Pity, id been reading about PA and it sounds good but all the internet in my house comes through the phone lol so lack of wifi tethering is a deal breaker ;)

Upvote 0
I tried Wireless tether for root users and that seemed to turn on tethering without just switching the option on and off in settings but then my computer didn't connect to it :thinking:

I don't use tethering much tbh, it's only now and again but it is a bit of a ballache. So far I'm enjoying the rom, not really many issues other than that one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones