International Phone support

1. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I thought id post this in the lounge since it isn't device specific. (and i received no responses in the device specific forum lol)

This is for US owners of international phones. I have an international galaxy note 2. If something goes horribly wrong with my phone, like some software bug or something, what options do i have to get it fixed? Have any of you had to do that.? My carrier insurance wont cover it and Samsung won't repair it in the US. What are my options? (other than sell it and get a US version) i figure if its physical damage i can get it repaired at a cell repair place but if some software issues come up what do i do?

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I've had experience of using Samsung phones in foreign countries. Had a non-carrier unlocked Galaxy S I bought in the UK, but was using it in China. NO software updates at all, probably because I was using it in a country it wasn't intended for. Done unofficial updates myself using CyanogenMod. Something did go horribly wrong with the Galaxy S, the screen cracked, i.e. physical damage. Samsung in China were willing to repair it, but it was cheaper to buy a new phone than to repair the one I had.

I think "international" really means when it comes to phones, is that it's unlocked, multi-band, wasn't supplied by particular carrier and customised for that carrier.
    kool kat2 likes this.
  3. kool kat2

Thanks for the reply. It really isn't looking good lol.
  4. kool kat2

So, in case anyone has a similar situation, i found a company called ensquared. They will insure it, although I might receive a carrier branded phone as a replacement. Not too bad.