• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Please help! LG G2 bricked. Tried everything!

Upvote 0
Reactions: Dastaner
Upvote 0
Ok so its zero'd the model and that's why it's failing. Its wondering why you are trying to flash a D800 tot onto a phone the software believes to be a model 00000000. :(

That's a sort of system of checks that's integrated into the software and its causing you issues right now as a result. So there's 2 things we could try...

The first is to hexedit the tot to read model 00000000. That may allow it to flash.

The other is to try using the "restore boot" option again to flash the system.img which should return the model to D800. If you do the latter, please be patient as it may take a long time for it to flash.

We are in uncharted territory here, I haven't had anyone experience this level of difficulty but I believe with patience, you'll get this device back.

Upvote 0
and how to do this "The other is to try using the "restore boot" option again to flash the system.img which should return the model to D800."

Remember in the 9008 unbrick tool you used the "restore boot" button? So originally I suggested that you only flash aboot, boot, dbi, laf, sbl1, rpm, and tz when using that. Now I'm saying also flash system.

If you want to try the hexedit method, you make a copy of your D800 tot so you have an original, unmodified tot. Then, using the copy, you open the tot with a hexeditor. Search Google to find one but I must advise that hexeditors don't always work well in Windows. You then search through the tot for the model number. It will say model D800. So you can edit that to 00000000, then save and exit. Then we hope that it flashes because the flash tools software will flash it because the model in the tot now matches what the phone says....00000000. So the program thinks its OK to allow the flash to proceed. We're basically fooling the software.

Upvote 0
Ok then i will try the hexedit method ...
i got Critical Error when i got in 9006 (i flash the files "30F") i follow this tutorial:

edit: the last time i flash the images(30f) is when i get to 9006 .. and now it showing that error, do you think if i flash images from v10d it will fix this error?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones