[International] problem with the internet being super slow, please help.

Last Updated:

1. khanh637

khanh637 Member

i can't seem to find a similar thread regarding my problem.

i got a international (chinese) galaxy s3 that i recently rooted and installed omega custom rom on in order to get google play. my carrier is t-mobile and after installing the sim card, i only see the "E" with the up and down arrows. even i have 4G data plan, but cannot use it. is there an app or some way to adjust the reception band to get 4G on this phone?

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

You won't be able to get 4g on the I9300 as it is only capable of picking up a 3g reception. I'm not sure why it's showing E though unless that's how EE show their 3g signal. What does it say under baseband in settings, about phone?
    khanh637 likes this.
  3. khanh637

khanh637 Member

it only show one E; the baseband version is I9300BUEMA1. i would be satisfy with just 3G, but this is superslow.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

E is Edge (somewhere between 2g and 3g)
    Its pretty slow.
    Have you tried the sim in another phone to narrow down weather its a phone or carrier problem?
    Dont pay extra for 4g (if you are) when youll never get it on your phone mate.
    If you can get 3g, H, or H+ with your sim in another phone then its obviously a phone problem so if you cant return it then try a different rom or modem software.
    Good luck man :thumbup:
    khanh637 likes this.
  5. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

ya as funky said try installing a different modem and see. If u have a look inside omega files you should see an option for modems, try selecting another one from there which is closest to what you require and try it out.
    khanh637 likes this.