International Roaming in the US?

Last Updated: 2012-09-28 18:52:17
  1. falconey

falconey Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever got an International roaming message while in the states? I got this message several times, less than a mile from my house. I was inside one of my daughter's school and was warned I'd be charged at the International roaming rates.

Advertisement
    Woody426 likes this.
  2. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

No.
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Never.
  4. falconey

Ok, I'm going to watch my bill closely to make sure I don't get screwed on data charges. I saw that my phone was in roaming and I was receiving emails, but as soon as I tried to make a call I got this message and then I tried sending a text multiple times and still got the message. Very weird.
  5. Woody426

Woody426 Active Member

I have, IN MY DRIVEWAY
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  6. falconey

That's crazy. WTHeck Sprint, lol.
  7. Woody426

Woody426 Active Member

I thought it looked really strange, read the message: "You are in International roaming coverage. You may incur charges for this text messages. Do you want to"
    That doesn't even read right.
  8. falconey

Check this screenie from the other day. I've never been to England.

Attached Files:

9. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

No it doesn't. International Harvester has been Navistar for some time now. :D Needless to say, capital-I "International" either refers to a company of the same name, or was written by a third rate script kiddie. I'd still take it seriously as a possible exploit though.
  10. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

last year near the border of NY and Canada, I got that message (i was with the Motorola Photon at the time), In April, I also got it oddly enough at Bear Mountain State Park, a few miles from NYC (no where near an international border) unless you consider Peekskill another country lol.

So yes it is strange.

TS