• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] rooted now what? Upgrade?

lesarmitage

Lurker
Oct 19, 2010
Hello - pardon me if I'm missing something.

Samsung Note 3. I read that once rooted the phone can be unrooted.

Question. What happens to updates; for instance to android 4.4.4 which I also read is available soon. How do you update an unrooted phone when seemingly automatic update are henceforth denied?

LA

Hello - pardon me if I'm missing something.

Samsung Note 3. I read that once rooted the phone can be unrooted.

Question. What happens to updates; for instance to android 4.4.4 which I also read is available soon. How do you update an unrooted phone when seemingly automatic update are henceforth denied?

LA

To unroot, you unistall all root apps, flash the stock ROM for your device and the device will then recieve automatic updates again. It is important that you flash the right stock ROM as the CSC code needs to be the same one as registered to your individual device (when you check for a firmware update the CSC it currently has is matched to your IMEI, if there is a mismatch you wont get any updates).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones