[International] Rooted user in need of assistance

Last Updated:

1. TomCameron

TomCameron New Member

So I just tried to install the latest version of Android to my HTC One, (Sense 5.5 Android 4.4) and I downloaded the ROM, then transferred it to my phone via USB and flashed it with Clockworkmod. The package partly installed but then I was shown "Error 7 Installation aborted", so I held the power and volume keys to boot into the screen with fastboot etc on it and tried to return to my recovery. It just flashed onto the screen for a second or so and then disappeared, followed by the HTC logo. I left this for 20mins+ before I tried again. Same thing. I really need help as I rely on my phone alot. Anything that would make my phone useable would help.

2. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

i believe your errors are from using the incorrect recovery. read the roms OP and see if theres a recovery recomendation,and if not make sure your on the most current,newest version of your prefered recovery.

once youve updated the recovery,let the phone try and boot,hold power to force a hard reset,and go back hboot,then recovery,then try and reflash your rom. (or restore a backup if you made one)