[International] Rooting for PC idiots!!

Last Updated:

1. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Thanks sensei. See u on the other side after ive downloaded "root check"
    Will this give me SU and busybox btw (is busybox still relevant??) Anyway here goes... that buzz like the 1st time flashin a rom......... :beer:

Advertisement
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

It should give you su and busybox.
    funkylogik likes this.
  3. funkylogik

should i have plugged in USB BEFORE bootin into download mode mate. i did opposite and nothings happening but is it safe to stopit and how. (sorry question mark doesnt wok on this piece of crap.....
  4. Shotgun84

It shouldn't make to much difference. Yeah just stop it if it isn't doing anything. Close down Odin and remove battery from phone. Did you press volume up to enter download mode
    funkylogik likes this.
  5. funkylogik

Guess who forgot to press "start" lmfao :banghead:
    uploadfromtaptalk1355360968940.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1355360999682.jpg

You sir/maam are an angel!
    I owe you and i take favours seriously (to a limit lol)
    Thank you so much man, you landed the plane.
    U must have the patience of a saint :)
    Is installing CWM and flashing on a samsung any easier than rooting?
    And can i use "no frills cpu" to clock this kernel?
    Have a few beers man, youve helped me understand PCs more and Odin :) :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  6. Shotgun84

You're welcome

Cwm may have been installed at the same time as the kernel but it might not. Some versions of siyah do and some don't. So I'd boot into recovery and see. If you still have stock recovery its easy to install cwm. You'll notice a new app in your app draw called stweaks, open this and scroll across to the dual boot tab at the top. Then scroll down to the bottom and press hijack recovery and you're done. The app can also be used to clock. Roms are quite simple to flash, you basically put the zip file on your phone and install with cwm.

I'm glad you're sorted. I've got to get some much needed rest:D
  7. funkylogik

Well thank you and goodnight man.
    Remember i owe u :)
  8. funkylogik

Sdtweaks isnt there and still got stock recovery but thats for another day :)
  9. Shotgun84

10. funkylogik

Morning. Thanks mate :)
    Was messin around with No Frills Cpu lastnight and 1.6ghz seems fine but theres more veriety of governers than there used to be.
    I used to like "ondemand" the way it would shoot from min to max then back down.
    Which do u to u prefer mate.
    Got a cool quadrand score with 1.6ghz uploadfromtaptalk1355403298509.jpg
    1.8 shut the phone down instantly lol.
    Do u know if powersaving mode sets the clock to a certain speed or if it turns it down by a certain amount mate?
    Thanks again for lastnight :beer:
  11. Shotgun84

I use the pegasusq governor. For me it gives the best combination of performance and battery. If it's more performance you're after I'd go for lulzactive.

I've never used the built in power saver so I'm not sure whether it lowers the clock or lowers the voltage on each clock step.

You've said you've rooted other devices so I guess you know about nandroids and app backups. There is however another important backup to make which is specific to Samsung devices. This doesn't happen often but it has been known for the efs folder to get wiped or corrupted when flashing so it's vital to back this up. If anything happens to the efs your imei will be wiped and you won't be able to get reception. It's pretty straight forward to backup. Download this app from the play store
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hellcat.droiddev.ktool&hl=en

Open it up and press backup efs to sdcard and then run the check and then you're done. Make a copy of the backup and save it on your computer just in case the original gets deleted. If you should ever need to restore it just use the app.
  12. funkylogik

Morning. Thanks mate :)
    Was messin around with No Frills Cpu lastnight and 1.6ghz seems fine but theres more veriety of governers than there used to be.
    I used to like "ondemand" the way it would shoot from min to max then back down.
    Which do u to u prefer mate.
    Got a cool quadrand score with 1.6ghz View attachment 45374
    1.8 shut the phone down instantly lol.
    Do u know if powersaving mode sets the clock to a certain speed or if it turns it down by a certain amount mate?
    Thanks again for lastnight :beer:
  13. Shotgun84

I use the pegasusq governor. For me it gives the best combination of performance and battery. If it's more performance you're after I'd go for lulzactive.

I've never used the built in power saver so I'm not sure whether it lowers the clock or lowers the voltage on each clock step.

You've said you've rooted other devices so I guess you know about nandroids and app backups. There is however another important backup to make which is specific to Samsung devices. This doesn't happen often but it has been known for the efs folder to get wiped or corrupted when flashing so it's vital to back this up. If anything happens to the efs your imei will be wiped and you won't be able to get reception. It's pretty straight forward to backup. Download this app from the play store
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hellcat.droiddev.ktool&hl=en

Open it up and press backup efs to sdcard and then run the check and then you're done. Make a copy of the backup and save it on your computer just in case the original gets deleted. If you should ever need to restore it just use the app.

:D:D:D
    funkylogik likes this.
  14. funkylogik

Id never heard of that man.
    Thankyou sensei, ill do it now.
    Yeah thats the governor ive left it on n seems good.
    Was plannin to test battery at 1.6ghz but fiance has been usin ma phone all day for :eek: calls lol.
    Cheers :beer:
  15. funkylogik

Finding it hard to move efs to Ext Sd mate, its best way for me to transfer things to pc :)
  16. funkylogik

Shotgun, is that Nirvana btw sensei?
  17. Shotgun84

You should be able to move it using the stock my files. Just find the backup, long press and move, then go to your external sd and press move here at the top.

Yeah, well sort of. They aren't the exact words.
  18. funkylogik

Thats wot i was tryin man and cool i knew where the words stemmed frm.
    Am listnin to Orbital right now, maybe not your scene? :)
  19. Shotgun84

I like a bit of rave, although I can't say I've heard much orbital.
    Have you tried a different file manager?
  20. funkylogik

Yeah im a long time ES user mate.
    Lol "rave", havent heard that in ages. I say "electronic music" ;)
  21. funkylogik

P.s do u know the APN to bypass 3's age and torent block m8?
    Pm if not ;)
  22. CDPlant

CDPlant Well-Known Member

I download ROMs through torrents and its always been fine, I'm on 3 too. What does it do when you try?
  23. funkylogik

Usualy get a lock page but with these APN (name doesnt matter)
    [​IMG]
    Just the APN and thats all.
    Im on p+g btw
  24. funkylogik

How do i reverse root by the method we used so i can get next update mate? Is it easy?
  25. Shotgun84

You can remove root by flashing your stock firmware or kernel with Odin. So honestly you might as well just flash your updated firmware with Odin. Firmware can be downloaded from here
    SamMobile Firmware Page
    It's the exact same procedure for flashing firmware as when you flashed the kernel. Put your phone into download mode, the firmware .tar in the pda box and press start.
    funkylogik likes this.