[International] systemUI stops under JB Domination theme?

Last Updated:

1. saltire

saltire VIP Member VIP Member

Can't for the life of me figure out where I'm going wrong trying to install the Domination theme - each time reboot get a message saying unfortunately SystemUI has stopped working and have no notification bar. Was trying this over WanamLite with no other themes or mods applied, and Siyah kernel.

Now running Omega with Motomoto theme which installed fine, so don't get where I was going wrong with Domination install.

Although quite like Omega/Motomoto theme so am going to stick with it for a while - but don't like (and can't read the percentage!) the battery icons. So question is if I add current SystemUI.apk to a flashable CWM script zip file, can I then open zip in 7-zip, navigate to the correct drawable folder in the apk (still in 7-zip) and drag new set of battery icons across to replace themed ones?

If this'll work, can someone point to some battery icon sets I could try out :) ta.

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Which version of wanamalite are you using. If it's the latest based on the leaked 4.1.2 then that's your problem as jb domination hasn't been updated yet so only works on 4.1.1
    saltire likes this.
  3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Which battery symbol are you after. There are a few battery mods which can be flashed on top of themes.
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Domination has stock toggles by default so if you're flashing the latest stable wanam, it uses 15 toggles by default.

1) Flash the rom again choosing stock toggles from aroma installer
    2) In the domination theme thread (post 3) flash one of the 15 toggles mods after flashing the theme.
    saltire likes this.
  5. saltire

Shotgun - was 4.1.1 version of wanam. Just tried swapping battery icons in SystemUI through 7zip and worked fine. Found a thread on xda with a few icon packs so got % numbers at the moment.

SU - sure I tried it with stock toggles. Like current rom/theme anyway so will stick with it for a bit.
  6. SUroot

If systemUI force closes, the cause is toggle mismatch. Its the only cause. Its well documented in the domination thread. Aren't the latest wanam stock toggles edited somehow? Extended or something?
  7. saltire

I've no doubt you're right SU - tbh can't remember now what i tried in aroma and maybe getting confused with selecting/de-selecting the gtx theme and stock/15 toggles.

Might try again at the weekend.
  8. SUroot

Its worth it. Wanam + dom is the best combo.

Just flash the rom without selecting stock toggles. Flash the theme and the 15 toggles mod of your choice. Also recommend the aosp battery circle mod ;)