• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International Tegra 3] Hangs at 'HTC Quietly Brilliant' after installed Leedroid, same when I try recovery

Woo fecking hoo!!

Overwrote the previous Leedroid on my SD with newly downloaded version.

Did CWM install from SD and got more options that before. Leedroid went through rebuilding cache etc.

Rebooted but still got boot loop.

Used Fastboot to flash boot.image file again.

Reboot and finally, finally, finally got LeeDroid boot screen. Took a few mins but loaded. Charging battery before doing any set up.

But thanks for all the help Shauny and El Presidente. Greatly appreciated.

Samsung - you won't get my business (so far).

HTC - you'll retain my business for now and tho this was my noob mistakes it should not be this difficult to get decent battery life out a top of the range phone. Oh and external SD would be good. You've been warned so chop chop for next years models!!

And Apple - nice kit but forget it, you're not tying me in.

Cheers,
Alan
:)

Upvote 0
Fan bloody tastic!!! got there in the end. Get rom set us as you want then nandroid backup. Hope you get the root/superuser thing sorted as you can use titanium backup then. I think it's the best app going for a rooted user. (worth buying the pro version just so you can batch restore alone).

Thanks Shauny,

SuperUser and Titanium (pro version) installed. I'll do a full backup tonight before I do much with the phone.

Just releived that with all yours and El Presidente's help I managed to pull my phone back from what felt like the brink of brickness.

Cheers,
Alan

Reactions: shauny13
Upvote 0
Woo fecking hoo!!

Overwrote the previous Leedroid on my SD with newly downloaded version.

Did CWM install from SD and got more options that before. Leedroid went through rebuilding cache etc.

Rebooted but still got boot loop.

Used Fastboot to flash boot.image file again.

Reboot and finally, finally, finally got LeeDroid boot screen. Took a few mins but loaded. Charging battery before doing any set up.

But thanks for all the help Shauny and El Presidente. Greatly appreciated.

Samsung - you won't get my business (so far).

HTC - you'll retain my business for now and tho this was my noob mistakes it should not be this difficult to get decent battery life out a top of the range phone. Oh and external SD would be good. You've been warned so chop chop for next years models!!

And Apple - nice kit but forget it, you're not tying me in.

Cheers,
Alan

Heyy, Finally I found someone with the same problem.
Please help me here, I am stuck on the same thing. Stuck on HTC logo and can't access phone from the computer.

I tried to install cwm through fastboot but it doesnt work. Now I dont know what to do. Just bought the device. Please let me know what I should do.

Thanks!! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones