International useSupport

Last Updated:

1. rud562

rud562 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I have to make a trip to Mexico and I was wondering if anyone knows if the EVO's performance down south? I previously had the Blackberry Tour which worked great.

Thanks guys

Advertisement
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

I haven't been with the EVO yet but CDMA coverage is pretty good in Mexico so it should be good

3. rangergrrl

rangergrrl Well-Known Member

Sprint service works great in Mexico and I had a crappy phone in Dec. I used to have the HTC Touch Pro before upgrading and the signal strengh in Cancun and further down south was better than at home. With Skype for windows I played voip called for free as Sprint upgraded me to the world data pack for my trip. Call quality was amazing on voip compared to here. Sprint world service sent me a txt the minute I got off the plane with their international number to call with any issues and then checked in with me a day later to make sure the service was working well. They also prorated the $40 charge to just $10 for the 7 days I was down there. Very pleased with the customer service.

BenChase7 likes this.
  4. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

Mexico's coverage is excellent infact that last update added a ton of new tower coverage in Mexico

5. phillik1

phillik1 New Member

Just fyi to anyone reading this thread. Sprint no longer offers or honors an international data plan. People are being charged lots of money per day to do exactly what you guys did. Disappointing.