• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] xposed

Shoot thanks

Rooting is relatively straight forward, and installing a custom recovery afterwards is as well. Xposed in itself is well worth the effort of rooting.

I intend later this evening to write a "complete novice" guide to rooting, the principal is the same for all Note 3's, and I'll post links and pictures. It will be in the international Note 3 sub forum here.

(International) Galaxy Note 3 - All Things Root - Android Forums

I hopefully will have it up before midnight GMT.

I have been meaning to do this for a while.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What is custon recovery I have rooted by cf root so what will custom recovery do?

A custom recovery allows you to do quite a few things, and while not essential is very, very useful for a user with root. One of the most useful things is a "Nandroid backup". This is a snap shot of your phone how it is at the time you made it. It allows you to restore your phone as it was if you find a mod or tweak breaks something.

A custom recovery also allows you to flash mods from your memory card made into flashable zip files (.zip), and perhaps the most important thing of all allows you to back up your EFS folder. This folder is unique to your phone it contains information like your IMEI, what network your on and other important, unique information. It cannot be just copied and pasted, but needs to be backed up as a .tar file, just the once. Flashing mods and using Odin PC can corrupt it and without a properly backed up copy of your EFS your phone is nothing but a wifi only tablet, with very little chance of restoration. A "Nandroid backup" does not make a backup of your EFS by the way.

Upvote 0
I use TWRP and EFS is one of the options when taking a nandroid.
Do you mean this is not actually backing up the EFS properly?

If your recovery offers it as an option then it will be fine. Just make sure you have the same sort of recovery installed (in your case TWRP) to restore it if you ever need to. The same goes for anything backed up with a certain recovery, only try and restore that backup with that recovery. While some recoveries offer to be able to restore other recoveries back ups, I personally wouldn't trust it to work properly.

Reactions: Paul7876
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones