• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internet App in Samsung Galaxy S

Welcome to Android Forums, Tortuga. Glad you came aboard.

Your Samsung Galaxy S question has been moved for you to the forum for that device.

Force closes on the stock web browser is often caused by conflicts with flash or other media attempting to load, which the browser is not set up to accommodate. There can be many other reasons, as well.

I try to avoid the sites where that happens, or at least check to see if there is a mobile version of the same site.

One thing to do is experiment with different settings in your browser; I disallow "open pages in overview" and for some reason that causes faster and more reliable loading. It can be unchecked in the browser by going to menu > more > settings and you'll find many choices in there including the overview setting.

Good luck. Please post back your results. Also, more users will probably come in with suggestions and reports of their experiences.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks a lot for the quick response.
Glad to join the android forums.

The "open pages in overview" was already disabled. I enabled and disabled it again, just to make sure but the outcome is the same.
Thanks again for your help and If I'll have any update I'll post in on the forum.
Thanks
Raz

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones